John W. Scott Home Repair and Rehabilitation Program
We understand the housing repair needs of our community. Since its inception, Interfaith Housing Services, Inc. has provided Homeowner Repair and Rehabilitation assistance for low-income homeowners in Reno County. These programs assist households with low to moderate income in making repairs necessary to keep their home safe and accessible.
We believe everyone deserves to live in a safe and healthy home. Our lasting impact helps stabilize and revitalize neighborhoods by providing critical home repairs and accessibility modifications.
Example Projects include:
• Installing grab bars
• Building wheelchair ramps
• Brush Up Hutch painting and repair projects
• Fixing handrails on stairs
• Many other handyman projects
To apply for assistance through the Homeowner Occupied Repair program you must meet the following criteria:
- Reside in Reno County, Kansas.
- Be over the age of 60.
- Live in a single family home in which you hold the deed.
- Be current on your property taxes.
- Must meet income guidelines.
If these criteria are met then inquirers are asked to complete a Home Repair and Rehabilitation Application and return with the required documentation to:
Interfaith Housing and Community Services, Inc.
PO Box 1987
Hutchinson, KS 67504